Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Learning all the time.

In the middle of my first assignment. Well, I don't think actually that I am even halfway yet which is concerning but that's a different matter... I just wanted to comment on something that I had learned whilst working away.

Just now I have been learning about the importance of keeping resources in a centralised area so that everyone has access to them and it is known where they are. The school that I am looking at for my ETL503 assignment has teacher resources and especially digital resources all over the place and they are not looked after by the TL - I think the school should have invested long ago into making sure someone was keeping track of them and everyone was able to find what they need when they need it. I think in the long term that would have saved them money, and it definitely would have made a difference to teacher morale, and student learning experiences.

Now for someone to collect everything and start a centralised collection it is going to be a huge task... and I need to write how they should go about it in my collection policy? I'd better get back to work.... so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment