Sunday, May 2, 2010

A wall.

I have hit one. A wall that is. I do not feel motivated or excited about my studies at the moment. I wonder if I ever will again. I do not want to sit at my computer (other than to play solitaire and to check emails...). I am overwhelmed by the fact that once again I have fallen behind, and the idea of catching up and completing my assignments in time seems an impossible one. I received my first assignment back, with writing all over it about the things I did wrong and a mark on the front that cut me deeply. I do not see how I will do any better in the next assignment for this subject, and do not feel motivated to complete it as people who actually work in a library, or at least a school, probably do (at least for them it has another important purpose). I am doubting myself, and questioning the wisdom of completing this course - am I going to be able to get a job out of it? Do I want to work in this area? Will I ever find a library that will encourage passion in me and give me the freedom to inspire others like I have dreamed?

Let's just hope I can get through this rough patch and eventually answer all those questions with a resounding YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment