Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wikis

I think Wikis are very exciting. I am excited that I finally have a good reason to create one (not having done any full time teaching yet for various reasons). I only hope that I get to use it, or one like it, one day.

In the future I would like to use a Wiki for:
+ Online collaboration and communication between class members, teacher and TL
+ Sharing resources - resources chosen by TL, as well as a way for students and teachers to share resources.
+ Easy access to learning support, e.g. information literacy process, strategies for finding resources, suggestions for search phrases
+ Sharing library news, including arrivals of new books
+ Various strategies to encourage a love of reading, including book reviews and book clubs where student participation is key.

Just a few things to start me off - I am sure it would end up with more than that.

The potential for students to learn whilst participating is exciting - don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I am now finding that it is rather difficult to make a wiki look nice - I will no longer judge other people on the appearance of their wiki.

    I am hoping that there are just things that I have not learned yet, and it will get easier and more efficient to make my wiki user friendly and attractive.

    ReplyDelete