Friday, March 4, 2011

Turning over a new leaf

Turn over a new leaf
Make a fresh start, change one's conduct or attitude for the better, as in He promised the teacher he would turn over a new leaf and behave himself in class . This expression alludes to turning the page of a book to a new page. [Early 1500s]
(Dictionary.com)

I turn to new pages all the time. The page I am turning to this semester is filled with motivation, self-discipline, organisation, and a good work ethic. It contains paragraphs on regular exercise, healthy eating, support from loved ones and effective prioritisation and planning.

Hopefully this new page finishes with a feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction and confidence - but I am not going to read ahead. I will enjoy the story and put all my effort into reading it properly, so that a happy ending is fitting.

I will ensure that I regularly share the things I learn along the way on this blog, so be prepared for my new-found enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment