Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finding my feet (again)

Feeling like things are a little out of (my) control at the moment. Only just starting to get my motivation back up and now we will be going away for the weekend - another spanner in the works. I need to take control of this spanner though, and make sure it is turning the right nuts and bolts... (yes, I know, a poor analogy as usual).

Last week I had my study visit in Sydney. I had an excellent time, learned a lot about libraries, myself, and my abilities to find my way around Sydney in my car and catching buses.I got to spend time with cousins who I do not see very often, and had a fantastic time. But I lost a week of study in regards to my other two subjects. I lost routine (which I guess I have not had for over a month, what with all the travel, weddings, birthdays and assignments) - routine is something that I often come to rely on, and something that I rarely have, weekly let alone daily(considering that I work part time and casually).

What I need to do is to create a routine when it comes to studying. A routine of reading my notes whenever I get the opportunity. A habit of turning my computer on whenever I get home, or when I wake up in the morning on a day off. I need to read my notes when I'm having lunch, instead of my novel. Maybe I should read my notes when I eat breakfast as well. I need to imprint in my head the priority of reading my study material. With the readings more under control I will be able to focus on the assignments when the time comes, without that niggling feeling that I am unprepared to complete them.

Let's see if I can alter my mental routine to fit with this, working towards my goal of becoming the most effective student, and teacher librarian, that I can be.

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping I will find some time to share some of the experiences I had on my study visit some time soon.

    ReplyDelete