Sunday, June 12, 2011

Reflecting and evaluating

I have finally had a day to spend how I please! I decided to evaluate the subjects I did this semester, because I feel the two amazing lecturers I had deserved that small effort from me after all the work they put in supporting us students. It has been great doing these evaluations, as it has encouraged me to reflect on the learning I have done this semester. I have to say, while I am not super happy with the amount of time I managed to put into my studies this semester, I am very impressed with what I have managed to get out of the experience. Such a range of things! From the kind of apostrophes to use when using APA referencing, to how to create a more interesting slideshow presentation and make it available online, to creating an information policy, and understanding research concepts at a Master level.

The biggest, and most satisfying thing I have learned this semester however, is that I am on the right career path for me. I am on placement at the moment, and thoroughly enjoying myself, and this combined with all the things I have learned is making the fire in my TL belly grow and grow. I am so excited about all the things I will be able to do as a teacher librarian. I am excited about the two days a week I will have in a little school library for terms 3 and 4, about how I will be able to make a difference to the information literacy skills of those students, and just generally about working in a library environment...

Ok, I shall leave it at that for now! It is obvious that I am excited. I will try to blog more often from now on, and share the things I am learning and doing. Perhaps one day I will be sharing things that are of use to other people. I have a lot to live up to...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your placement and your new job. I am sure you will be a brilliant TL.

    ReplyDelete