Friday, September 30, 2011

DDC13 Workbook Exercises

I am thinking that rather than put my answers to the exercises here, I will put the things that I learn that may be of importance.

For example:  

Search for the narrower term (when using the relative index), so for fire insurance, search for fire insurance, not insurance. You can do it the other way, but this way is much quicker and helps you to make sure you have the specific Dewey number you need.

I need to make sure it's on Abbr. WebDewey, rather than the full version. Click the dropdown box at the top. No wonder I was so confused (not that I'm much less confused now! haha). 

I am going to get to know the system, and know the things to look up after a while, for example "perching birds" and "public safety".

I am now up to Chapter 7 of the workbook, and might put the things I learn from that into the next post...




No comments:

Post a Comment