Monday, March 29, 2010

Mal Lee's article...

... is even more scary! He is basically saying that teacher librarians will not be needed in another 50 years. Whether I'm being selfish or thinking of people who wish to become teacher librarians in 30 years time, it will not be good if he is right! And I cannot agree with him. I agree that our role needs to evolve as language and the use of texts does, but I think print books will always have a place in society, and what better way to improve your language skills than by enjoying yourself by reading a good book...

Bring on technology, but don't push out books...

PS - I have finally realised that I can make the words that I type into hyperlinks, instead of having a hideous web address in the middle of my post. In this post, the first clause is the link to the article in question :)

No comments:

Post a Comment