Thursday, March 25, 2010

Topic 3 - The TL and the curriculum

Topic 3 has clarified a few things for me, and extended my knowledge of what resource-based learning is is. I understand now that resource-based learning (or RBL) is an over-arching term, an umbrella if you like, under which many different teaching/learning approaches fit. It describes learning where individual students are able to use the resources that suit them - resources to suit different levels of understanding, skills and learning styles. Therefore approaches such as units of inquiry fit within resource-based learning as long as students are exposed to a variety of resources, and given options about which ones they will use.

I feel that I still have a little way to go before having a full understanding of exactly where RBL fits within the scheme of the very many teaching/learning approaches and terms, but I have taken some steps this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment