Thursday, March 25, 2010

Relating quality teaching to Inquiry and the Habits of Mind

I created this table to help myself understand the links between the dimensions of quality teaching (as outlined in the 'quality teaching in NSW public schools' discussion paper: http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/qualityteach/assets/pdf/qt_disc_pap.pdf) and Inquiry learning and the Habits of Mind. I found it quite enlightening comparing them in this way, it reconfirmed my confidence in the advantages of inquiry learning, and kindled an interested in the Habits of Mind as a classroom tool - something I have not looked at closely before now. It also made me realise that both could be used effectively together for an excellent learning experience (that fits with the NSW 'dimensions of quality teaching').

I am not sure if it will clarify anything for others, or if it was really just a tool for clarifying my own thoughts, but feel free to have a look...

Once I figure out how to attach a document to a blog.... Or embed it or whatever is necessary...

No comments:

Post a Comment