Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pending madness.


cc licensed ( BY NC SD ) flickr photo shared by just.Luc
It turns out we are more than halfway through week one of semester two already! This tidbit of information caught me completely unawares. Which means I now need to get my placement report finished, and catch up on readings etc for my final subject. I also need to get ready for my first two days in my new library - the first time I will be the sole teacher librarian for a school, so I want to make sure I am prepared! Combine this with all the other things in my life, and there's lots to do.

One thing that will no longer be on my plate is my part time job at Angus and Robertson. I am sad to say that all A&R stores have now been closed (except franchise stores, but their names will probably change). I also learned that Readers Feast in Melbourne has also been closed, which is really sad. I did not realise that it was also owned by Red Group. It has surprised me that Borders has been on the TV so much and I haven't seen Angus and Robertson mentioned at all. Angus and Robertson being historically an Australian company with a 125 year history, I would have thought there would have been more publicity. So many customers had no idea what was happening even though we had been in administration since February the 17th. If the happenings interest you, check out the Administrator's website: http://www.ferrierhodgson.com/Media.aspx

One good thing that came out of our store's closure, is the fact that my students will never not be able to borrow if they forget their library bag - I have plenty of bags for them to use! This is an idea I got from one of the teacher librarians in my area - one of the many things I am learning having joined NATLA, through the meetings and being on the email list.

Okay, enough stalling, time to get this report written...

No comments:

Post a Comment