Sunday, July 24, 2011

Picture Australia

The Picture Australia website has so many wonderful images from Australia's history. I did a search for 'Ned Kelly' and 'tasmanian tiger', each of which brought up many results. Some of the images I recognised, others seemed off topic but did have some link upon looking closer at them (e.g. a picture of relatives of Ned Kelly). The only draw back I could see was that the images did not seem to be sorted in any way, whether by relevance, popularity, etc. I did also notice a post in the forum suggesting the site does not suggest alternative spellings if you make a mistake with your search or do not know exactly what you are looking for (e.g. if I search for Simon and donkey, instead of Simpson and donkey, no results come up).

No comments:

Post a Comment