Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hey Jude, thanks again...

My lecturer for ETL523, Judy O'Connell (Blog: http://heyjude.wordpress.com/), just keeps providing us with interesting information and cool videos. This time I started looking at her LiveBinders folder (a new Web 2.0 tool to me!), and immediately came across some interesting videos (including the one below) and some fantastic resources all round.

The provision of a cool video... well I can't help myself can I! I feel the need to show off my embedding skills again.

This one addresses the information overload we have today with the huge amount of information that is available online, and it encourages us to think about what this means for education.



What it means for me:

I need to be able to support my future students, and to encourage the rest of the school community to help provide that support, to gain the skills to get what they need from the Internet, and to not get lost in it. This is something that I will need to continually work on myself as well - there are so many ways to get lost.

It also means that I have yet another online tool to investigate: LiveBinders

No comments:

Post a Comment